You become your own worst enemy.
When you are depressed,
- You listen to sad songs even though you KNOW that it will make you feel even more depressed.
- You stalk your ex even though you KNOW that it will make you miss her even more.
- You lock yourself out and stay away from everyone even when you KNOW you need them besides you the most.
- You start to drink and smoke to numb your your pain even though you KNOW you’ll feel miserable once the high goes away.
- You stop doing everything that makes you happy even though you KNOW that’s what you are supposed to be doing.
I know this because I’ve been there.
Just recently, I ended a 3 years relationship with my girlfriend. It was tough. And even though I knew it was the right thing to do, breaking up with her shattered me.
For a long time, I was trapped inside my own melancholic world trying to fill an illusionary void with more emptiness.
It was miserable.
I was miserable.
Self pity is the worst of all the vice that a person can have.
It destroys everything except for itself.
But I learned that in order to get over depression, you should
Stop feeling sorry for yourself and be happy.
It sounds so simple but it’s true.
Of course, it’s difficult to stop feeling sorry for yourself.
In fact, it’s fu*king hard.
But it is the only way out.